'Congratulations' champagne glasses & hearts engagement card template
I also wanted to make a cute and colourful engagement card template - and came up with this sweet design with a simple 'Congratulations' message with a pair of champagne glasses and lots of hearts!
I designed it with an engagement in mind, but of course, you could use it for wedding congratulations or congratulations for a special anniversary, too...
I love the gold glittery card, but I also wanted to prove that these cards are gorgeous even without the special effects!
Cute engagement card template with champagne glasses design
So my main template for this engagement card making idea is this really lovely salmon pink, with royal blue and a zingy green envelope - the look is contemporary, colourful, and fun! This is the colour you get in the template.
- The salmon pink outer card is Sizzix 'Surfacez' textured cardstock - I cut it in my Cricut Maker using the 'Cardstock for intricate cuts' setting.
- The blue inner card is Clairefontaine 185gsm cardstock in 'Midnight Blue' - I cut it using the 'Light cardstock' setting in Cricut Design Space.
- The envelope is a generic crafting cardstock, 160gsm - I cut this using the 'Light cardstock' setting.
I also made the design in the glittery gold cardstock, too, to see how it looked...
Champagne and hearts engagement card idea
This time, I teamed up the same glittery gold cardstock with the lovely royal blue card and a pretty pink envelope - love this colour combination!
You could certainly play around with different colours and ideas to make the design your own - try simple neutrals for a minimal look, or lots of colour for bold, bright, and fun ideas!
- The gold outer card is Crafter's Companion Ivory Glitter Card - cut using the 'Glitter Cardstock' setting in Cricut Design Space using my Cricut Maker.
- The blue inner card is Clairefontaine 185gsm cardstock in 'Midnight Blue' - cut with Cricut Design Space's 'Light cardstock' setting.
- The pink envelope is a generic coloured crafting cardstock (160 gsm) that I cut with the 'Light cardstock' setting.
Please remember, that if you use a dark coloured inner card and envelope (like this lovely 'Midnight Blue' cardstock) you will need to have a light-coloured pen that will write on it - usually white, silver, or gold gel pens or paint pens work well.
Cute and colourful engagement card making idea
Gorgeous glittery engagement card making idea with champagne glasses and little hearts design