80th Birthday Card Colour & Craft Inspiration
Pretty, floral 80th birthday card SVG template
I chose pretty pastel tones for the floral 80th birthday card template - the template itself is in the pale pink colour palette that you can see in the photo below...
80th card template in pretty pastels and pinks
I chose this really pale, pretty pink for the main part of the card and paired it with a soft taupe for the inner card and a simple grey for the envelope. I picked pink, as pink is the colour of tenderness and love, so what better choice to show the new 80 year old your love!
I wanted to keep the overall look quite muted, gentle and simple, for a sophisticated feel, so that's why I picked these lovely neutrals for the card.
My alternative colour choice keeps with the pastels but gives the card a slightly different feel - I opted for greens and yellows, below...
Pretty greens and yellows give a fresh, joyful feel
I picked a lovely soft green for the main card colour and used a really dark green cardstock for the inner card to provide contrast for the design. I added a pale yellow envelope. The card looks fresh and joyful.
For both of these floral 80th card templates, I used:
- Sizzix 'Surfacez' textured cardstock for the outer cards - I cut this using Cricut's 'Cardstock for intricate cuts' setting
- Craft Sensations DesignPads Pastels for the inner cards and envelopes - cut using 'Medium cardstock' setting - this is a two sided cardstock (a different colour on each side) that's 12 x 12 inches (30 x 30 cm) so I cut the inner card and envelope for each card from a single piece and used different sides for each. So you can see the envelopes have a different colour interior, and when you open up the card there'll be a different colour too. This isn't part of the template - I just had this nice card and thought I'd experiment with it!
Pretty papercut 80th birthday card template
Get the template for the FLORAL 80th birthday card from my Etsy store here...
Stars-design 80th card template - for men or women
I designed the stars card template to be unisex, but particularly with the idea that it could be used for men. So I chose traditionally-masculine colours for the template and for my creations photographed here. You can definitely use more feminine colours for the stars card if you prefer and it will give a totally different look!
I made the template in the blue colours you see below...
Beautiful blues - 80th birthday card template designed for men (or women)
So I picked this lovely dark blue cardstock for the outer card and contrasted that with a pale blue for the inner card so that the design stands out well. The envelope is in a mid-blue shade so that it all complements together beautifully and gives a smart style and a very classic (and classy) feel.
My alternative colour idea for the card is in shades of green (see below)...
Handmade 80th birthday card
Just like for the blue card, I've chosen the darkest shade for the outer card, the lightest for the inner card, and the medium shade for the envelope - the lightest green here though is rather bright and zingy rather than pale, so it does have a bit more of a modern look than the blue card.
Just like for the floral cards, both of these cards have used double-sided cardstock for the inner card and envelope - that's cardstock with a different colour on each side. I cut the inner card and envelope from one 12 x 12 inch (30 x 30 cm) sheet of cardstock, so that I could use a different side/colour for each. I'll share the details just below - again this isn't part of the template - it's just some card I wanted to use and have some fun with...
For the stars-design cards I used:
- Sizzix 'Surfacez' textured cardstock for both outer cards - I cut this using Cricut's 'Cardstock for intricate cuts' setting
- Craft Sensations DesignPads Pastels for the blue inner card and envelope - cut using 'Medium cardstock' setting
- Craft Sensations DesignPad Brights for the green inner card and envelope - cut using 'Medium cardstock' setting
Papercut card template for 80th birthday - classic blues!
Get the template for the STARS 80th birthday card from my Etsy store here...