Special Handmade Friend Birthday Card Template
This is a lovely template for a handmade card for your best friend with pretty flowers and butterflies and the message 'Happy Birthday to my Lovely Friend' - I made it for my own lovely friend and I thought you'd like to send it to your lovely friends too!
Make this handmade card for your lovely friend!
Card template for a friend's birthday - 'cut and score' project for your cutting machine
The friend birthday card template is a 'cut and score' project for your cutting machine - this means that the card and envelope have fold lines that need scoring with a special scoring tool. Many cutting machines have a scoring function, or if you don't have a scoring tool for your machine, you can score by hand. If you're a Cricut user, I have the full instructions for setting up the score lines correctly in this tutorial here - if you have another machine, you may also find the instructions help you with your own machine. The page also covers help for if you want to score by hand, too.
Once your card is cut and scored, I have a craft tutorial to help you fold and assemble your card - you can read that here.
- Used as is in Cricut Design Space, the SVG is set up to make a finished card of around 12 x 12 cm (4.75 x 4.75 inches) with an envelope that's a little larger
- The template cuts onto three A4 or Letter-sized sheets of cardstock
- The template uses the standard Cricut mat (not the specialist card mat)
Gorgeous pink and yellow friend birthday card template
The handmade friend birthday card template is in this very pretty pink and yellow colour combination with a black inner card that really makes the design stand out beautifully against the pink and gives a fun and contemporary look (see above).
I also made an alternate colour combination for the card - which combines lemon and dark blue with a pretty pink envelope (see below)...
Lovely lemon and blue birthday card template for a friend - with pale pink envelope
I think this is quite an unusual and very pretty combination with the lovely dark blue for the inner card looking very striking against the lemon yellow...
There's lots of bright and floral colours which would look great for your handmade friend birthday card project - I've used a dark inner card for both of these versions but you could also try out a white inner card to get a totally different look! (It will also be easier to write on - you'll need a special gel or paint pen in white, silver, or gold, to write on the dark coloured card.)
I cut these cards with my Cricut Maker cutting machine:
- I used Sizzix 'Surfacez' textured cardstock for both of the outer cards (the patterned part) and cut these with 'cardstock for intricate cuts' setting in Cricut Design Space
- I cut the inner cards from Clairefontaine black and blue lightweight cardstock (160 gsm) and cut these with the 'lightweight cardstock' setting in Cricut Design Space
- I cut the envelopes from generic lightweight coloured crafting cardstock (160 gsm) and cut these with the 'lightweight cardstock' setting in Cricut Design Space
If you like my 'Lovely Friend' birthday card template, you can get the cut files from my store at the link just beneath the image below...
Friend birthday card SVG file template
Get the 'Lovely Friend' birthday card template from my store here
SVG, EPS, DXF and PNG file formats all included in the template
Envelope included in the template
Cuts on the standard Cricut mat (not the specialist card mat)
For personal craft projects and small-business commercial use (up to 200 products)
For physical (craft) products only - no digital products, use, or sharing
The instructions for how to set up the score line to score properly in Cricut Design Space are here...
And the craft tutorial to help you fold and assemble the card is here...
You might also like:
I've got lots more card templates including many more birthday card templates and ideas to inspire you on my main cardmaking templates page here!