Sample Terms & Conditions for Custom Pet Portraits
1. The Artwork: Collector is commissioning artist Lotti Brown to create a custom pet portrait as agreed.
2. The Concept: The Artist will create the artwork described above.
3. Indemnity: The collector certifies that they have the right to supply the source photos to the artist and grants the artist an indefinite and irrevocable licence to use, copy and display the photos. The Collector agrees to indemnify the Artist against all costs incurred against the Artist by any person claiming to hold the copyrights of photos supplied to the Artist.
4. Payment Schedule: A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required before artwork commences. The payment is due in full before delivery of artwork. You will get a chance to see and approve a digital image of the final piece before you pay the final instalment. Please be aware that printed colours on the final art print may differ from colours seen on a computer monitor. Payments will be made through Paypal only.
5. Payment Amount: The artist and collector agree upon the price discussed. Collector will pay any taxes or custom duties due.
6. Copyright: Artist retains the copyright to all works commissioned by Collector that was created by Artist, including all reproduction rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. No artwork may be reproduced or altered without the written consent of the Artist.
7. Right of Refusal: In the event that the Collector does not wish to pay the final payment for the commissioned artwork, the Collector may refuse. In that case, the Artist will retain the refused artwork and the non-refundable deposit. This is free of any claims or interests of the Collector and the Collector will not owe any additional fees to the Artist. The artist is free to sell or make reproduction prints of the refused artwork.
8. Returns: As a custom-created piece, I’m afraid I cannot accept cancellations or returns unless the print, mount or frame itself is in some way defective. Any returns on faulty products are restricted to the cost of the print/mount/frame only.