Lotti Brown's Custom Pet Portrait Information Page
I’m excited to get to know you and your pet, and I hope to create a really special artwork for you.
This info page is just to let you know a little bit about the way I work…
- First, I'll gather some information from you, and provide you with a quote which will include my custom artwork services, custom print (size and format as agreed), and postage costs.
- If you're happy with the quote, I ask for a non-refundable deposit of 50% up front.
- You pay the remaining 50% when I finish your artwork, after you have seen and approved the digital version, and before I send the artwork out to you.
Please take a look at the information below which has some important points about what I need from you, and about my terms and conditions. Please read it carefully and ask me if you have any questions.
Size and Format of Print
- The sample prices on my website include a framed and mounted giclee print of the final artwork. The artwork will be framed in the style available on my website. Postage to the UK is shown on the site – please get in touch to discuss prices and options for delivery elsewhere in the world.
- I usually work in a square format, but your personal preferences or your pet photo may be better suited to a different format. We can discuss this.
- Please let me know if you would like me to quote you for the print to be delivered with a different frame style, unframed as a loose print (unmounted, rolled in a tube), or printed onto canvas.
- I will also send you the signed and dated working drawing or sketch that I’ve created of your pet. This is an original drawing by me created with pens and inks on 300gsm card. This is the working drawing that I used to create your final artwork and will not look exactly the same as your final artwork. Please also be aware that as a working drawing, it’s not a final artwork and there may be marks, writing or smudges.
- In addition, you will receive the high-resolution digital file of your artwork so that you can use it as a screensaver or print onto phonecases, cushion covers, bags and more. Please note that this is for your own personal use only and does not permit you to reproduce the artwork for any commercial means whatsoever. The artist still retains the copyright of the artwork.
- Postage costs will need to be added and I will provide a quote when you enquire. Postage costs are shown on my website for the United Kingdom only.
- If you would like your print delivered outside the United Kingdom, please let me know and I will provide a quote before you order. Costs will vary according to your location.
- Postage costs may also vary according to the size of print and format (prints that are small or able to be rolled in a tube cost much less to post than mounted or framed prints).
- Additional customs or taxation charges may be payable on arrival and have not been included in your postage costs. You will be responsible for paying any such charges that might arise.
- I ask for a 50% non-refundable deposit before I start work, with the balance due on completion of the artwork and before I send the completed print to you.
- You will get a chance to see a digital image of the final piece before you pay the final instalment. It is at the artist’s discretion to make a limited number of minor amendments to the artwork at this point, should you require any changes to the piece. Please be aware that printed colours on your final art print may differ from colours seen on a computer monitor.
- Payment is payable through Paypal only, with no exceptions. You do not need to have a Paypal account to be able to pay through Paypal. I will send an invoice to your email address and it’s quick and easy to make your payment.
- Custom pet portraits typically take between 4 and 8 weeks to create, then a further 1 to 2 weeks for the framers to print and create your order (mounts and frames are all individually created to order). This may also vary depending on how quickly you are able to respond to my communications with you. Shipping times may vary according to your location. An estimate will be provided when you order as at busy times there may be a wait-list which I operate by prioritising the client who pays the deposit first.
- Northern Ireland, Highlands and Islands of Scotland and other island locations including the Channel Islands may require longer delivery times, as will any other international orders.
As a custom-created piece, I’m afraid I cannot accept cancellations or returns unless the print, mount or frame itself is in some way defective. Any returns on faulty products are restricted to the cost of the print/mount/frame only.
So much depends on the quality of the photos you provide. The selected photo must be of good quality and I must be able to see the face of your pet clearly, with detail visible.
There are some tips for getting a good photo on my main Custom Pet Portrait page.
- Please send up to 6 high-resolution digital photos initially, which you think may be suitable. If you have a favourite or preferred option, please let me know.
- Please send your photos via WeTransfer https://wetransfer.com/ to email@example.com. You can use WeTransfer for free to transfer up to 2GB and the file will be available for seven days. Please retain your original photos.
If you don't have your photos available in a digital format, we can discuss options for how to get the images to me.
It is important that you only send photos where you have the permission of the copyright owner for me to use the photo to create your custom artwork and to allow me to display the artwork with the original photo on my website.
- In sending the photos, you certify that you have the right to supply the source photos to me and you grant me an indefinite and irrevocable licence to use, copy and display the photos. You agree to indemnify me against all costs incurred against me by any person claiming to hold the copyrights of photos supplied to me.
- As the artist, I retain the full copyright in all commissioned works created by me, including all reproduction rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. No artwork may be reproduced or altered without the written consent of the artist.
- If you would like to sell or make any commercial use of the artwork, please ask me about licensing the work.
If it’s for a special gift, I am happy to keep the artwork private for a reasonable time to honour the surprise. Just let me know when you order.
About Your Pet
I’d love to find out a bit more about your pet. So please tell me something about your pet to help me get to know him or her.
- What things do you like best about your pet?
- What do you like to do together?
- Do you have any favourite memories of your pet?
About the Artwork
- I want to create an artwork that you love to display in your home, so please let me know if you have any preferences or dislikes as to colour.
- Let me know if you’d like a plain background or a decorative background (see examples on my Custom Pet Portrait page)
- If you’d like a decorative background, are there any special flowers, or other elements with special meaning to you, or any personal ideas, that you’d like to be included in your artwork, or would you like to leave it up to me?
Preparing Your Quote
Please let me have the information below so that I can provide you with a quote for your custom pet portrait.
- Up to 6 high resolution photos (please send these separately via WeTransfer – but do email me, too, with the rest of the info, below, and to let me know to look out for the photos)
- Details about your pet
- Size of art print required (if known)
- Your frame choice from my website (if known) or other bespoke frame option to discuss
- Any colour preferences?
- Plain or decorative background?
- Any additional details or other ideas?
- Anything else?
I’m so looking forward to working with you and creating something really special to celebrate your bond with your pet.
If you would like to see the Terms and Conditions document in advance, (which I’ll send out when requesting payment), you can see a sample here…
You might also find the FAQs helpful
If there’s anything you’re not sure about or if you need help deciding, let’s discuss it together. Just get in touch